Saturday, 19 May 2012
Final piece - 'Beauty'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_P6PgFcPD4&feature=relmfu
Final piece for art A level 15 hour exam
Animation
'Contemporary Issues'
Apparently I was the first student to attempt animation in Art at my sixth form. My two teachers were sceptical and definitely doubted my ability/intentions at the beginning. Having not much knowledge of animation/sculpture and no idea of 'the final piece' (which we're expected to know at the start of our projects...) I insisted I knew what I was doing and promised them at least a 'B' by the end of it cause that's what schools really want isn't it. By the end of the project my teachers had completely left me to it. They also admitted they knew nothing about animation either so crossed their fingers and hoped I'd pull it off. Apparently, I did. After spending 15 hours alone in a dark-room-turned-storage-cupboard with a sign on the door saying 'Knock Please' that no one seemed to take notice of, I got my second 'A*' (the other one being for science coursework on 'The Legalisation of Cannabis' in yr 10). I also won the schools Arts Award and got my animation screened to a small audience which included some local gentleman's club (that funded the award) who seemed to pay more attention once the addition of nipples is made to the sculpture. Well done me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment